Saturday, March 30, 2013

...a brioche by the sea.

This acrylic painting is titled A Brioche and 3 Lemons in the Caribbean.
During several visits to the island of Roatan, Honduras I made a series of sketches to record my experiences there. Back then there was a French bakery in the funky diving village of West End. It was out of place. It was a mirage. It was extraordinary. And it was a gift each morning to wake up early knowing there were freshly baked pineapple croissants waiting for me. If you slept-in, there was a good chance you would miss out. On rare occasions beautiful brioche was available. This painting is based upon a sketch of the one I once enjoyed for breakfast. My hope was to convey the charm of its unique shape amidst the setting of the tropical sea. I wish this painting could share the incomparable aroma of the bakery mixed with the scent of salty sea air.
If you are interested in this artwork it will be available at the St. James Preschool Auction Annual Spring Gala on April 27, 2013. For more information go to www.stjamespreschoolsf.org/community/spring-gala-2013-rsvp/.

No comments:

Post a Comment