Saturday, July 30, 2011

ritual







Above are random recent images from my daily drawing ritual. I usually sit at one of the handful of cafes between my home and studio although not always. It doesn't matter where I perch or what I scribble just as long as I do it. Expanding my list of locales crosses my mind, and occasionally I do, but mostly I don't. I like a table and chair to sit at since I write too. The cafe across from Lincoln Park on Clement has pulled me in recently. It's funky inside with an old piano sitting unused like a prop and a backyard patio that is quiet. Quiet is something I have been savoring. There are very few places to go where music isn't constantly playing and crowding out the sound of silence. Maybe I'll try the museum today for a sketch and the Picasso exhibit.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you're so disciplined. Daily drawing on your way to the studio... How can you beat that? Do you ever sketch so long you never make it there?

    Silence. Time to hear your own thoughts. It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. incredible stuff! Just looked you up online coz I passed your California St. storefront and was curious. Wow!

    ReplyDelete