Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Date Change for Studio Show: A Year in Sketches

On Saturday March 12th from 10am-5pm I'll be opening my studio as I do every Saturday. However on this date I'll be displaying a whole big bunch of sketches on my studio wall.
This group of ink scribblings is a sample from my ongoing morning sketch ritual. I invite you to see these magnificent doodles from 2010!
I like to sketch because it grounds me in the moment. It's a disciplined observation. It's a meditation. It's a visual journal. It's a time for the mind to go quiet. Sketching provides an inner oasis as I begin each creative day.
From 10am-11am i'll be holding an informal super-mini-sketching-semi-workshop/doodle session for anyone interested in becoming a sketcher. RSVP por favor for this session!
And then drop in and have a look around, eat a couple mallomars and let's make a sketch...!


No comments:

Post a Comment